President's Volunteer Service Awards
We are pleased to inform you that VIBHA has been approved as Official Certifying Organization for the President's Volunteer Service Awards program. We are glad to announce this during the presidents day week (2/18/2013). This sure will excite lot of Vibha youth members and also many young volunteers.
Any individual, family or group that meets the program's criteria can receive Presidential recognition for volunteer hours served over a 12-month period or over the course of a lifetime. Criteria for recognition are:
- Recipients must be United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States.
- Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only. Additional levels of participation with the organization, i.e. charitable support, are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations.
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories.
Award recipients can choose among different options for award recognition:
- The official President's Volunteer Service Award pin
- A personalized certificate of achievement
- A congratulatory letter from the president of the United States
- A combination of all three of the above
To be eligible to receive the President's Volunteer Service Award,
Applicants' service hours must be confirmed by a registered Certifying Organization.
There are three levels of the Award varying by hours of service completed within a 12-month period:
Kids - 14 and younger
- Bronze Award 50 - 74 hours
- Silver Award 75 - 99 hours
- Gold Award 100 or more hours
Adults - Ages 26 and up
- Bronze Award 100 - 249 hours
- Silver Award 250 - 499 hours
- Gold Award 500 or more hours
Young Adults - Ages 15 - 25
- Bronze Award 100-174 hours
- Silver Award 175 - 249 hours
- Gold Award 250 or more hours
Families and Groups (two or more people)*
- Bronze Award 200 - 499 hours
- Silver Award 500 - 999 hours
- Gold Award 1,000 or more hours
*Each member contributing at least 25 hours towards the total
President’s Call to Service Award
Individuals who have completed 4,000 or more volunteer service hours over the course of their lifetime are eligible to receive the President’s Call to Service Award.
You can get more information in this document
Be part of Vibha & encourage your children to be part of VIBHA.
We are looking for volunteers in the following new action centers: Austin, Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Phoenix, Portland, Philadelphia, New Jersy